Dodge County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a chorine explosion in rural Wasioja on September 6 at 10:15 a.m.
According to Dodge County Sheriff Scott Rose, the caller reported that there were three or four people that needed medical treatment.
Upon arrival deputies found two adults and one juvenile outside the home experiencing breathing difficulties from what was determined to be chemical exposure. Victims on scene said they were in the garage mixing two different water shock treatment products together in a bucket for their pool. When they walked through the house with the bucket to take it out to the pool it started to boil. That's when it is believed a volatile chemical reaction occurred, filling the area with fumes. Rose said there was no actual evidence of an explosion or fire.
All three victims were decontaminated on scene and transported to St Marys Hospital for evaluation due to the inhalation of chemicals. A veterinarian also responded to the scene to evaluate several pets that were also on the property at the time of the incident.
Dodge Center Fire Department stayed on scene to make sure the home was ventilated properly.